Putting off an essay until the last possible minute requires some urgent essay writing. Fortunately, students throughout history have had this same issue, and they have come up with some brilliant essay hacks that have helped them get the job done. And, get fine grades, too.
Make Use of These Approaches
Many of these hacks are designed to help you get an urgent essay written without distractions and make use of the best your abilities. Choose the one or a few approaches that work the best for you.
- Choose a go-to attention getter. So many students struggle to start their essays, but if you have a go-to attention-getting technique, you always have a tried-and-true way to start. Favorite methods include quotes, definitions, statistics, and anecdotes.
- Plug in your headphones, but don’t listen to any music. Music will distract many writers, but white noise doesn’t. If you prefer to work in a silence, wear your headphones and don’t listen to any noise at all. The headphones will block out unwanted distractions, and the best part is that no one will bother you because you have headphones on.
- Check out the sources on Wikipedia. It is best to avoid using the information on Wikipedia, but there are useful lists of legitimate resources at the bottom of the page.
- Take a short break if needed because this is very important for your brain activity and productivity. When you need to get up, do it. Walk around. Get your blood flowing. Then, get back to writing.
- Listen to your essay in Google Translate. If you copy and paste your document into Google Translate, the app will read your paper for you. There are other apps and extensions that will read your work for you. Use this software to edit a paper because you will hear your mistakes before you see them.
- Craft a quick outline to stay organized. With the strict boundaries, you will be able to stay focused on the task. Without one, you might ramble.
- Use an online thesaurus. Make dictionaries your friends, but don’t go overboard and always pick the biggest words. Be sure that the words you choose fit your style and the needs of your paper.
- Adjust your argument to fit your sources. If you can’t find ideas to support your argument, adjust your argument. It is much easier to change a thesis statement then to change an entire essay.
- Be laconic. A student with urgent essays should get to know this word. Synonyms include brief, concise, and succinct. It is writing with very few words – only using what you need.
- Monitor your word count. Some instructors will penalize you if you go over and if you go over, you are wasting your time.
- Remember the acronym P.E.E.L. This is a helpful acronym to know for body paragraphs. It stands for Point, Example, Explanation, Link. Each paragraph should include these parts, and in most cases, there should be multiple examples and explanations.
- Use the Pomodoro time management method. This is easy approach to become more effective. You work for 25 minutes, then take a five-minute break. Repeat this time management pattern as often as you need to complete your urgent essay.
- Use Google Docs. It saves automatically. This feature will ensure that you do not lose your work.
- Type the right way. Ever. Double. Space. After. A. Period.
- Cite your sources. Use an app to record your sources as you use them, this way you will not plagiarize.